Nowadays, robotics are becoming one of the most advanced in the field of technology. The applications of robotics mainly involve in automobiles, medical, construction, defense and also used as a fire fighting robot to help the people from the fire accident. But, controlling the robot with a remote or a switch is quite complicated. So, a new project is developed that is, an accelerometer based gesture control robot. The main goal of this project is to control the movement of the robot with hand gesture using accelerometer.
An accelerometer is a one type of sensor and it gives an analog data while moving in the direction of X, Y and Z. These directions depend on the type of sensor. The diagram of accelerometer is shown below. This sensor consists of arrow directions, if we tilt the sensor in one direction, then the data at the particular pin will change in the form of analog. The accelerometer consists of six pins, where the function of each pin is discussed below.
- Pin-1: VDD pin is used to give +5V supply to this pin
- Pin-2: GND pin is connected to the ground for the purpose of biasing
- Pin-3: X pin will receive the data in the X direction
- Pin-4: Y pin will receive the data in the Y direction
- Pin-5: Z pin will receive the data in the Z direction
- Pin-6: ST pin is used to adjust the sensitivity of the accelerometer 1.5g or 2g or 3g or 4g
The applications of the accelerometer based gesture controlled robot include
- These sensors are used in military applications to operate robots
- These sensors based robots are used in medical applications for the purpose of surgery
- These sensors are used in the construction field
- These sensors are used in industries to remotely control trolleys and lift.